Instagram Photo Contest
Press Information Bureau and New Media Wing of Ministry of Information Broadcasting, in collaboration with Instagram, have organised a Photo Contest to mark the 3rd Anniversary of the Government. The Contest witnessed enthusiastic participation from across the country. The photographs showcase various Government schemes at work and their beneficiaries. The Contest was weaved around two major hashtags #BadalteBharatKiTasvir and #NewIndiaThruMylens
Congratulations to the winners!
Check out the winning entries here
- Name of the Participant: Tushar Luthra
- Instagram ID: @Photopilott
- Context: Children going to school in a remote village in Basteri, Himachal Pradesh. Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, a Government initiative, is helping children access free school education.
- Name of the Participant: Souvik LM Ghosh
- Instagram ID: @svk_lm_10
- Context: The Photo depicts cleaning up of streets which is a key element of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- Name of the Participant: Rajnesh Pal
- Instagram ID: @Rajneshpal
- Context: Municipal Corporation Van in action, collecting solid and liquid waste separately. The Image is from Indore, in Madhya Pradesh
- Name of the Participant: Vishal Narwal
- Instagram ID: vishal_narwals
- Context: The Solar panels mounted on top of a parking space in Badarpur, Delhi. National Solar Mission, the largest renewable energy capacity expansion programme in the world is being taken up by Government of India.
- Name of the Participant: Aksh Singh Rajput
- Instagram ID: imakshsingh
- Context: Free Wi-Fi facility is being provided by Google in collaboration with RailTel at major railway stations across India. The initiative reflects the ethos of Digital India programme. The Image is from Jammu Tawi Railway Station.
- Name of the Participant Anmol Bains
- Instagram ID: anmolbns
- Context Recycling of cotton as part of the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan; image from a village named Jagjit Nagar, in Himachal Pradesh
- Name of the Participant: Govinda
- Instagram ID: Govinda
- Context: Swachh Bharat Abhiyan strives to make India Open Defecation Free through building of toilets and instilling in people behaviour change towards using toilets. This image is from Madhopur Village, Madhya Pradesh.
- Name of the Participant: Ruchir Shah
- Instagram ID: ruchirshah43
- Context: A local woman from Nako Lake in Himachal Pradesh using her cell phone; the Digital India initiative of the Government aims to build IT, broadband and Telecom infrastructure across the country and fulfil the aspirations towards a fully connected India.
- Name of the Participant: Pallavi Joshi
- Instagram ID: joshi.735944
- Context: A child experiencing the exhibits on Science Express, an initiative of Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India. The 16 coach AC train would be traveling across India with the objective of arousing interest of the young people in the field of science and technology.
- Name of the Participant: Ujjwal
- Instagram ID: ujwalmattu
- Context: Water Vending Machines is an initiative by Ministry of Railways to provide clean drinking water to people travelling in trains. The image is from Jalandhar Railway Station, in Punjab.